How much should you give?
“His master said to him, ‘Well done, good and faithful servant. You have been faithful over a little; I will set you over much. Enter into the joy of your master.’”
Awhile back, a Christian economist told me that in the church-at-large in America, 15 to 20 percent of the people give 90 percent of the money. Now, I’m sure that number varies from church to church, but the overall statistic is simply staggering!
It’s always been incredible to me that so many people give so little, because when you and I come to know Christ as Savior and our lives are transformed, our love for Him ought to be so powerful that we say, “Lord, here is my life. Everything that I have belongs to You.”
But instead, people say things like, “I thought just the 10 percent belongs to God.” Well, yes God owns the 10 percent, but He also owns the other 90 percent as well!
When it comes to giving, it’s not just about giving a certain percentage and doing what you want with the rest. No, giving to God’s purposes ought to be one of your greatest joys, and you should give or spend every single penny for the glory of God.
So whether you have a little or a lot, be faithful with what you do have so that one day you’ll hear the words, “Well done, good and faithful servant!”
NO MATTER HOW MUCH MONEY YOU HAVE, GOD WANTS YOU TO BE FAITHFUL WITH THE RESOURCES HE’S GIVEN YOU. SO GIVE AND SPEND EVERY PENNY FOR HIS GLORY!