Money can’t buy you love
“But God said to him, ‘Fool! This night your soul is required of you, and the things you have prepared, whose will they be?’ So is the one who lays up treasure for himself and is not rich toward God.”
When the Scripture stresses the principle of riches in God over the riches of the world, you and I need to pay close attention.
For instance, the man Jesus was talking about in today’s verse had invested all that he had in his crops. And when he had a bountiful harvest, he hoarded everything he had. And in the end, the man lost his soul.
You see, there are things that money can do for you… but there are some very important things it cannot do:
· Money can buy you entertainment, but not happiness.
· Money can buy you a bed, but not sleep.
· Money can buy you a reputation, but not character.
· Money can buy you medicine, but not health.
· Money can buy you influence, but it can’t buy you salvation in Jesus Christ!
Take this to heart: Never substitute money for the things that only God can provide. Money might buy you things, but it can never make your soul prosper!
MONEY MIGHT BUY YOU THINGS, BUT IT CAN NEVER MAKE YOUR SOUL PROSPER!