What do women really want?
Husbands, love your wives, as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her.
What is it that women really want? The late Gary Smalley, the noted Christian author and marriage counselor, once gave nine specific needs of a wife in the marriage relationship:
1. A wife, one, needs to feel that she is first place in her husband’s life above all other people.
2. A wife needs to feel that her husband is willing to share an intimate moment of comfort without demanding explanation or giving lectures.
3. A wife’s need for communication is constant.
4. A wife longs to be praised so she can feel valuable.
5. A wife wants to feel free to correct her husband without fear of retaliation or anger.
6. A wife needs to know that her husband will defend and protect her.
7. A wife wants to know that her opinion is so valuable that her husband will discuss decisions with her, evaluate her advice, and then act upon it.
8. A wife needs to share her life with her husband in every area: home, family, and outside interests.
9. A wife wants her husband to be the kind of man her son can follow and her daughter would want to marry.
A woman wants a man who understands her. She wants a husband who will undergird her with emotional, spiritual, and physical support. So men, love your wives in such a self-giving way that they get that. When you do, your marriage will flourish and be filled with God’s blessings!
HUSBANDS, LOVE YOUR WIVES BY MEETING THEIR NEEDS FOR EMOTIONAL, SPIRITUAL, AND PHYSICAL SUPPORT.